Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, March 30, 2009

{more crafts} Hair Bow Holder

Okay, I don't really consider myself a crafter, but this last week I have completed three crafts. Strange, I know. Here is my latest creation, and actually one I thought up myself, a Ballerina Hair Bow Holder:
I saw some really cute tutu-type hair bow holders on the web for about $30+ and thought I could do something similar for a lot less. I used tulle I had left over from the tutu I just made, a diaper box, a small piece of a cereal box, ribbon, trim, and a ballerina from this cute kit:
Here are the steps to completing this project, in case you are interested:
I recolored some of the ballerinas so some had purple tutus, and some pink. I printed mine at FedEx Kinko's.

Lulu didn't like it at first, because it wasn't quite what she imagined and she thought the bows looked they were falling off (I have no idea what that means), but after I got all the bows on and took a picture she decided she likes it. Now don't you wish you signed up for my {more fun} exchange? It's not too late ;)

10 comments:

  1. This is too cute! Great job, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilee, that really is so cute. I can totally see that at the Quilted Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! That is really cute. I need to get something more for all Breah's bows, her bow holder is overflowing and the bows/flowers are taking over her whole closet...I think I had a bow making addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emilee! What a cute idea, I am very impressed! I got in touch with Barbara last week and then found you. So fun to see you and your cute family! What cute kiddos! How is life? Where are you living? It will be fun to keep in touch with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not crafty?! I would say so! That is adorable. I totally agree with Erin, Qulted Bear. You need to sell them there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is REALLY cute Emilee. Good Job! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out so cute! I am the queen of "I can make that myself for cheaper". But then I usually don't do it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very cute and creative! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! I would pay for this!

    ReplyDelete