Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
2 Nephi 31:20

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{more joy} I am racing...


One of our favorite family traditions is watching The Amazing Race every Sunday. Rob and I used to watch it ourselves when the kids were little but now we let them join in the fun--it is the only prime time TV they get to watch--so that makes it pretty fun for them. This season is fun because it featured past 'fan favorite' teams. It is fun because you don't have to get to know the teams to know who you want to cheer for--the problem is we like most of the teams and have a hard time seeing someone eliminated. Do you watch AR? Who are your fav teams? Buddy & Lulu have to pick their 'teams' each season. Buddy usually picks a team that is nice to each other and other racers, Lulu picks all-girl teams and get annoyed when they are mean to others but they are still 'her team'. I appreciate the teams this season that are generally nice to each other because they are a good example for my kids. I feel like this is a pretty decent show for them to watch and it gives us a chance to talk about right choices vs wrong choices and how people could have reacted differently.

Because I love the Amazing Race and I enjoy scrapbooking I am participating in the Amazing Digital Scrapbooking Race at Natural Designs in Scrapbooking. You race around to different digi-scrap sites and complete two challenges a week. If you complete your challenges on time you receive a prize and the chance to continue onto the next week. You can only eliminate yourself. Anyway, I wanted to share my LOs I have completed so far (click for credits):

Challenge #1 was to talk about our family:
Challenge #2 was to do a LO about someone that inspires you--I chose my dad. This is a pic of us when I went to visit them in Brazil.
 Challenge #3 was about games you play as a family. We enjoy many games--my kids love Life and are learning to play chess from Rob; we a couple different Monopoly Jr games they enjoy as well as Uno, Memory, Clue Jr & Scene It Disney. I chose to do a LO about us playing Yahtzee on the iPod while we waited in line at Disneyland.

I forgot to mention we have partners for ADSR. My partner is Fiona--we were partners last year and it worked out so well we are doing it again. We are the Pixelicious Punks (our alter egos, we decided )

No comments:

Post a Comment