Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
2 Nephi 31:20

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

{more challenge} Day 19 Something I Miss...

This topic has been peculating in my mind for awhile and while I know what I want to say, I'm not sure I want to say it out loud, online. One reason I gave up blogging for over a year is that I wasn't sure what I wanted my blog to be about. Although I love my kiddos just writing about them wasn't working for me. I wasn't sure if I wanted my blog to be about me and the things I like to do, be a journal about my family, or my own personal therapy session. I'm still figuring it out, but I think it is evolving to be a little bit of all three.  As I have been participating with the 30 day journal prompts I have also realized I am a pretty private person and it is hard for me to share things about myself with others. I think this is something I need to work on, so I have kept going and am back today to tell you what I miss.

But first a little background information...when Rob and I first met and were married we were the same religion. This was something that was important to me when looking for a husband and part of the reason I fell in love with Rob. Fast forward five years and things were a bit different. I was still Christian and Mormon; Rob was neither. At first this change was difficult as we had to adjust our life, our marriage, our family but although we do no longer share the same religious beliefs we share the same goals when it comes to our family and our marriage. So when I see the prompt, "Something You Miss" the first thing that comes to mind is praying together with Rob. I miss holding hands, petitioning the Lord together for ourselves, our family and others. I miss that opportunity to be united. We still pray together as a family although Rob does not participate but I miss praying together.


That being said, I wouldn't change my life for anything. I love my life, my husband, my family.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully stated. It brought tears to my eyes because I feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should check out ohlife.com it may be more your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you feel like posting your heartfelt feelings on a private blog or a personal blog it is your choice. I appreciate you sharing your feelings and thoughts. Just remember not every other household is as it seems when people are all dressed up in their Sunday best. You might be surprised at how many of us also miss the very thing that you miss. I admire your dedication to your marriage and your family Emilee.

    ReplyDelete