Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
2 Nephi 31:20

Monday, January 31, 2011

{more challenge} Day 8 Travel

Did you notice I skipped Day 7? Well you were suppose to blog about your fav movie. I am not a huge movie fan. I watch movies, but for some reason I really can't remember much about a movie immediately after viewing. Also, I have no patience for a movie that is over 120 minutes. Even if a like the movie I get bored after two hours. So if I think of a fav movie I'll post it later.

For now I'll write about Day 8: Places I've Traveled. Well, Rob and I have traveled. To do this I'm going to show you the present I made for Rob for Christmas...




 For the past two and one-half years we have had this good-sized wall that is BLANK (read: boring). I had a vision of getting pics from places we have visited and putting them in black frames on this wall. Well, I got all the frames painted, but got lazy finding the pics and wasn't sure about the cost of finding pics and printing them. This Christmas I decided it was time to finish this project. I found a lot of great pics on flickr and some I took myself. My patient SIL Ashley came and helped me hang all the pics and wrap the present right before Christmas. I was really excited about this present and couldn't wait for Rob to 'open' it.

So between the two of us we have visited these places. I think it will be fun to add to the wall and change out pics as we visit different places around the globe. About me...right after I graduated from a Junior College I went to China to teach English to elementary school children for a few months--until the Chinese government decided they didn't like that plan any longer and basically kicked me out. I also went to Brazil twice while my parents were serving an LDS mission there--once I took my grandma and the second time I took Rob & Squiggle who was six months old. I have also visited various states around the U.S.A. Sadly, I have not been to Paris. Rob went there on business when Squiggle was six weeks old and I was quite jealous as I have never been to Europe and REALLY want to go--someday. Someday we will go to the Czech Republic where Rob served his mission, and travel around Europe. Someday I will take Rob to China and tour around more and see how much it has changed. Someday I hope to go to Australia as it has been my dream since I was eight years old and had a friend from there. Someday there will be more pics on my wall.

Since this post is suppose to be about a place you have traveled to, not dreaming of; here are a few pictures from our trip to Brazil:


1 comment:

  1. Amazing photo wall Emilee and what a clever way to present (or present as in gift) it to him. lol

    ReplyDelete