Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
2 Nephi 31:20

Friday, April 10, 2009

{more love} HAPPY EASTER!

Please allow me to stray from my normal blogging--my silly kids--and focus on something more personal.
After Christmas, Easter is my favorite holiday. I was born the day after Easter, twice in my life my birthday has been on Easter, as a child I had Easter-themed parties, but the number one reason I love Easter is my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love celebrating His life, His mission, His love, His atonement. As I get older, and have more life experiences I appreciate the atonement more and more. Two of my favorite scriptures regarding the atonement are Alma 7:11:
And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

And Matthew 11:29-30:
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
What a wonderful gift our Heavenly Father has given us through our Savior, Jesus Christ. Not only eternal life and forgiveness of our sins, but comfort and peace through the trials that life brings. I really believe "men are that they might have joy" and Christ is waiting for us the hand our burdens to him that we might find joy and experience the easiness of His yoke.
May you have a wonderful Easter and may your testimony of the atonement be strengthened.
I'll leave you with a wonderful Easter message from Elder Holland:



No comments:

Post a Comment