Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
2 Nephi 31:20

Thursday, March 10, 2011

{more challenge} Days 22-25

Okay, let me catch up a bit on this blogging challenge...Day 22 What's in your makeup bag? Nothing interesting. I wear makeup, but not a lot and everything is cheap (well, as makeup goes)

Day 23 Favorite Vacation. I'm going to break this into two parts--fav vacation without kiddos and fav vacation with my family.  My parents served an LDS mission to Brazil for three years. After they had been gone for one year I took my grandma and we flew to Brazil--just Grandma and I. Doesn't that sound like fun? Well it was and it gets even better. While in Brazil for ten days I whisked my Mom out of her mission (shhhh, don't tell) and we flew to Iguassu Falls for a few days. My Mom really is my best friend. I don't have sisters and her and I share a mother/daughter as well as a sister-type relationship. I had really missed being with her and talking to her everyday. We had a lot of fun together and it is a vacation I will never forget.


About 18 months later I went back to Brazil with Rob and Squiggle. That was fun because my parents got to meet their granddaughter, I got to take Rob to a beautiful place I had been, and Rob and I got to have some time alone as Grandma and Grandpa couldn't get enough of Squiggle--can you blame them?

 My favorite family vacation is the one we took last fall to California. We went to the beach, Disney Land, Sea World and even went to church where Rob grew up. Our family had been saving for two years and we almost had as much fun anticipating the trip as we did enjoying every moment.

Day 24 Something I've learned: I have learned that God is watching over us. I have learned everyone has strengths and weaknesses, trials and happiness. I have learned God is aware of each of his children and has armed us the the experiences, faith, perseverance and those around us to help us and rejoice with us along the way back to Him.

Day 25 10 Random songs from my ipod:
 "Show Me" from My Fair Lady
"Bullet the Blue Sky" U2
"A Dustland Fairytale" The Killers
"Bad" U2
"Joe's Head" Kings of Leon
"Alleluia" Kenneth Cope
"The Sweetest Thing" U2
"Fly Away" John Denver
"House in the Woods" Tom Petty
"Little Star" Jim Brickman

That is pretty representative of the random songs on my ipod. I am going to see U2 perform in April and am VERY excited, so I'm glad they had a good showing on this list. By the time I go we will have had the tickets for about 18 months!!! You probably remember U2 had to cancel their North America tour as Bono had back surgery. Well, I was going to the first show of that part of the tour and the set was partially up! Needless to say, I was disappointed, but I am starting to get excited again.

4 comments:

  1. The last seven boys from our stake to get their calls are going to Brazil. Must be the place to go. :)
    What a wonderful thing for you to be able to take your grandma and then your husband. I bet it was amazing both times.
    We are off to DL next month. I'm hoping we have as much fun as it sounds like you guys did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be at the U2 concert in May as well. Actually, I told Rex today that it's 2 months and 13 days away. I was disappointed as well when they had to cancel, but now I look at it as a "free" concert because we paid for the tickets so long ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on all the catching up! I have to get back on it and finish - even tho I skipped ahead to the weekly blogging, too. Thanks for sharing your stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had almost stopped checking, and then.... You are back! So glad you to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete